tweet

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bill Moyers at Penn

Once again had the wonderful experience of accompanying my D to an Annenberg lecture, this one with Bill Moyers. His career has included press secretary to LBJ, best selling author and over 30 Emmys for his work with CBS news and his 40 years on PBS.
Listening to him talk is like having history come alive, especially with his amazing LBJ stories. His voice with it's wonderful folksy accent is just as wonderful in person as on TV and his mind is just as sharp. Here's some of the best of what he had to say...Anything in ( ) is mine!
-News is what people want to keep hidden, the rest is publicity. ( Makes me realize how little of what I'm getting is really news)
-Truth comes from hearing contrasting views and comments. (Rarer and rarer in today's fragmented and polarized media. Also makes me realize how nice it is to have a president who is interested in looking at all sides of an issue before making decisions) )
-NPR offers the finest reporting in journalism today, without spin. We would be a more poorly informed public without it. (thanks to Dad who made me an NPR addict!)
-I'm a journalist because I Don't know the answers ( how wonderfully refreshing from today's so called 'journalists' who fit their facts to prove their opinions)

No comments:

Post a Comment